World-Class Cancer Care
Providing radiation therapy services since 1999, the Bismarck Cancer Center (BCC) allows patients in our area to receive state-of-the-art cancer treatment and caring support while staying close to home and loved ones. CHI St. Alexius Health and Sanford Health Bismarck joined forces to build and operate this facility. We have a highly-skilled radiation therapy team of oncology nurses, radiation therapists, a medical physicist and dosimetrists working with your radiation oncologist to care for you during your treatment. Our compassionate staff is trained to care for you with the same state-of-the art equipment often found in larger metropolitan areas.
Treatment options include
- 3-D and 4-D Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- HDR Brachytherapy – Breast, Prostate, GYN
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT)
- Volumetric Modulated ARC Therapy (VMAT)
This video by Elekta, shows how a linear accelerator works and answers many questions about the high quality radiation systems at the Bismarck Cancer Center. More information about the Elekta Synergy and Infinity machines may be found at www.elekta.com/oncology.