The Home Care Program was established to provide individuals of Bismarck Cancer Center (BCC) with non-medical assistance in the home. A cancer diagnosis can affect more than just your health. The BCC Home Care Program helps with additional stressors in life – including light house cleaning, lawn or snow care, or respite care, while undergoing cancer treatment.
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals who are residing in the Bismarck/Mandan area or staying in the BCC apartments and are currently undergoing treatment at BCC.
- Individuals are eligible to apply for assistance one time during their course of treatment.
How do patients receive assistance?
- An application must be completed to be considered for assistance.
- Each application will be reviewed by a committee.
- Applicants will be notified if they were awarded assistance and will receive a voucher to present to the vendor of their choice.
What kind of assistance is provided?
Individuals can apply for assistance in the following categories:
- Light Housekeeping (two hours of service) bathrooms, kitchen, floors
- Lawn or Snow Care (two hours of service) mowing, trimming, raking, snow removal
- Supportive Care (five hours of service) respite care, running errands/grocery shopping, meal preparation, companionship