Dr. Shrikant Kubsad, Director of Medical Physics
Started at Bismarck Cancer Center: 1993
Specialty: Medical Physics
Radiation Oncology, Sanford Health (Medcenter One) Bismarck, ND
- Radiation Oncology and Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, India
- Karnatak Cancer Therapy and Research Institute, Hubli, India
Education and Training:
- Ph.D. and M.S. in Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI
- DRP in Radiological Physics, BARC, Bombay University, Bombay, India
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay, India
- M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Karnataka University, Dharwar, India
Board Certification: Therapeutic Medical Physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR).
Languages: English, Hindi, Kannada
Practicing since: 1977
- American Association of Physicist in Medicine (AAPM)
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO).
Dr. Kubsad chose to work in the cancer field so that he can apply physics and mathematics knowledge to health care. His favorite part of working with Bismarck Cancer Center is in knowing he contributes to make BCC patient’s lives better. His most memorable experience or memory while working at BCC includes seeing smiles on patient’s faces as well as that of their family.
Michael Sigler, Medical Physicist
Started at Bismarck Cancer Center: 2015
Previous Experience: Health Quest in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Education: Two-year residency at Health Quest, M.S. in radiological physics from Wayne State University Medical School, and B.S. in physics from Michigan State University.
From an early age, Michael knew that he wanted to work in a clinical profession, and he discovered a strong interest in physics while in college. During that time, his grandmother passed away due to late-stage lung cancer, and it sealed the deal on his decision to go into therapeutic medical physics. He was drawn to the BCC because of its variety of modern, high quality treatment procedures and equipment as well as its unwavering dedication to going above and beyond for its patients through the BCC Foundation to a level he says he hasn’t seen in other clinics. The part he most enjoys about being here is seeing how the staff, day in and day out, actively practice the patient-oriented caregiving they preach, without exception.