Dr. Shrikant Kubsad, Director of Medical Physics
Started at Bismarck Cancer Center: 1993
Specialty: Medical Physics
- Radiation Oncology, Sanford Health (Medcenter One) Bismarck, ND
- Radiation Oncology and Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, India
- Karnatak Cancer Therapy and Research Institute, Hubli, India
Education and Training:
- Ph.D. and M.S. in Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI
- DRP in Radiological Physics, BARC, Bombay University, Bombay, India
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay, India
- M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Karnataka University, Dharwar, India
Board Certification: Therapeutic Medical Physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR).
Languages: English, Hindi, Kannada
Practicing since: 1977
- American Association of Physicist in Medicine (AAPM)
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO).
Dr. Kubsad chose to work in the cancer field so that he can apply physics and mathematics knowledge to health care. His favorite part of working with Bismarck Cancer Center is in knowing he contributes to make BCC patient’s lives better. His most memorable experience or memory while working at BCC includes seeing smiles on patient’s faces as well as that of their family.
Hunter Tillery, Medical Physicist
Started at Bismarck Cancer Center: 2021
Previous Experience: St. Peters’ Health Partners, Albany NY
Education: Residency through McGill University at St. Peter’s Health Partners, Albany New York; Masters in Medical Physics from Oregon Health and Science University; and Radiation Health Physics from Oregon State University
Hunter is proud to be a part of the Bismarck Cancer Center because of the continued efforts made to keep on the cutting edge of technology, giving patients state-of-the-art cancer treatment while staying close to home. He feels the commitment shown to patient care at BCC is second to none, and as an employee, the Bismarck Cancer Center is a place where you want to come to work every day.